Best 4th of July Eats/Drinks/BBQ Ideas
APPETIZER RECIPE: CHIPS & CHEESE DIP!
- 1-1/2 cups Cracker Barrel Vermont White Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup diced Vidalia onion
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon herbs de provence
- 1/4 teaspoon creole seasoning
- Combine all ingredients until mixed thoroughly. Place in baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling hot!
- Enjoy with star shaped pita chips!
4TH OF JULY FIRE CRACKER DOGS
- 1 can refrigerated breadstick dough
- 2 packages -16 hot dogs
- 16 thick slices Colby cheese
- 16 skewers
- First, take your skewers and stick them all the way through your hot dogs leaving about an inch and a half exposed out of the top of each hot dog. Then take a piece of breadstick dough and carefully wrap it around the hot dog until you get to the top. Place the wrapped dogs on a parchment paper and bake according to the package directions for the breadstick dough. (About 20 minutes at 350).
- Slice pieces of cheese that are 1/4″-3/8″ Then using a small star cookie cutter cut out your stars.
- After your dogs have cooled for 2-3 minutes, stick the star through the skewer at the top.
- Instead of a pail, use your Beachmate bucket with a styrofoam ball hidden by crinkly papers to display them here, which would also be a great way to display them at a gathering. Or, you can also just layer them on top of each other on a plate. Enjoy!
Healthy Snack for the Kids!
- 1 whole watermelon
- 16 ounces fresh blueberries
- Bamboo skewers
- Cut watermelon vertically into 1 inch thick slices.
- Use a small star cookie cutter to cut out star shapes from the flesh of each watermelon round.
- Thread 7-10 blueberries into the center of each bamboo skewer, leaving enough space at the end for someone to be able to comfortably hold it, and a space at the top for the watermelon star.
- Place the watermelon star on top and set the fruit sparklers on a serving tray. Cover and refrigerate until ready to enjoy.
BOOZY SNOW CONES
An adult drink to make you feel like a kid again!
Yields: ½ cup of each syrup, enough for 12 snow cones
Cook time: 12 minutes, plus time to cool
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c water
- crushed ice
For red syrup
- 1 c strawberries, halved
- ¼ c white rum
For blue syrup
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ c blue curacao
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar, and then reduce to a simmer, and stirring cook for two minutes.
- For red syrup: Pour half of the simple syrup - about 1/2 cup - over the strawberries. Allow to macerate for 1 hour, then puree in a blender with the white rum. Strain through a fine mesh sieve and reserve
- For blue syrup: Combine remaining syrup, lime juice, and curacao. Stir to combine completely. Chill syrups until ready to serve.
- To make ice: Use a snow cone machine or blend ice in a blender.
- Scoop crushed ice into glasses, then squirt syrups over packed, crushed ice and enjoy! For a more intense red color, add a drop or two of red food coloring.
RED WHITE AND BLUE SANGRIA
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Pinot Noir wine
- 1-1/2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup brandy
- juice from one large orange
- simple syrup
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 6-8 ounces fresh red raspberries
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 1 large apple sliced very thin
- To a large pitcher add wine, cranberry juice, brandy, orange juice and simple syrup.
- Add blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and apple. Chill overnight.
- Fill six glasses 1/2 full of ice and use a slotted spoon to add fruit from the pitcher to each glass. Pour liquid over ice and fruit and serve.
- For the simple syrup, add 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer until sugar is dissolved. Cool completely.
4th OF JULY MILKSHAKES
A kid-friendly drink!
- Vanilla ice cream
- Red and blue food coloring
- Whipped cream
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- Add 2-3 BIG scoops of ice cream, ½ cup of milk, and blue food coloring to a blender. Blend and pour into cold glasses. Place into freezer.
- Rinse the blender and make a white layer with ice cream and milk. Add to the cold glasses.
- Rinse and add ice cream, milk, and red food coloring to make the red layer. Top off the glass then add the whipped cream and sprink.es
- Serve and enjoy!
FIREWORKS SUGAR COOKIE CAKE
- 3/4 cup unsalted Challenge Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup M&Ms (Use patriotic M&Ms for the 4th of July)
- 1/2 sprinkles (use red and white for the 4th of July)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream or milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9” round cake-pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Make the cookie cake: Beat butter and sugar with a hand or a stand mixer until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla, then mix in baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar. Slowly mix in flour. Stir in M&Ms and sprinkles.
- Press batter into prepared pan, pressing more M&Ms onto the top as desired. Bake for 19-22 minutes or until the edges are just turning a light golden brown. It’s better to under bake this dough than over bake it. The cake will continue cooking a bit as it cools so err on the side of underdone for the best tasting cookie. Let it cool completely before frosting.
- Make the frosting: beat butter until smooth, then slowly beat in powdered sugar until crumbly. Add salt and vanilla, then add 1 teaspoon of heavy whipping cream. Beat until smooth, adding another teaspoon of heavy whipping cream to get a spreadable texture.
- To frost: use a 1M tip and a ziplock or piping bag to decorate the cookie cake. Top with more sprinkles and M&Ms.
- Store loosely covered for up to 2 days.
CHEESECAKE STUFFED STRAWBERRIES
- 24 + large fresh strawberries (1 1/2 to 2 lbs.)
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Cut the stems from the strawberries, so the strawberries can sit cut-side down.
- Cut a deep "X" from the tip down, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a bowl with a hand mixer until nice and fluffy.
- Gently open up each strawberry and pipe the filling inside using a pastry bag or zip-top bag with a star piping tip. Don't have a pastry bag or piping tip? Just cut off the corner of a zip-top bag and squeeze the cheesecake filling inside the strawberries that way.
- Top each filled strawberry with a blueberry. These are best served after the strawberries have been chilled for at least an hour. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days depending on how firm/soft the strawberries are.
And of course, don’t forget to use our American Flag Turkish Towel as a table topper or flag this 4th of July!