Father's Day 2019!
The Beachmate team hopes all Dads out there have an amazing Father’s Day! Here are some ideas and activities we’ve come up with to help celebrate. First and foremost, make dad's life easier by giving him the gift of a Beachmate!! Our Dad, and co-founder Jeff, was sick of being the family sherpa lugging multiple bags, toys, coolers and stuff to the beach...his problem NO more once we invented the all-in-one Beachmate system that solves the majority of beach going issues!
The beachmate is your best beach accessory! It is so easy to carry with one comfortable shoulder strap, leaving Dad hands free for the kids. A large bucket with sturdy sides (which makes it super easy to find anything you’re looking for!) is the base of the tote, and there are 4 buckets that nest within that. These are the BEST sand buckets ever!! We used nylon for the handles, so comfortable, and more importantly won’t rip off and leave you with crying kids. But even better, when the kids are done using them, flip them over so dad can set his cold beer in the designated cup holder - his perfect reward! And where is he storing his cold beer while hard at work playing with the kids? In the perfectly sized cooler that expertly fits in the Beachmate - pack up all the essential snacks and drinks for your beach day for the whole family! And of course the final tools attached to the Beachmate are our two industrial strength shovels. These are hands down the strongest shovels ever made for the beach!! Dad will easily dig out any size hole in no time, giving the kids something to entertain themselves with, and he might finally get a moment to sit back and relax on his trip to the beach. Novel thought :) Side note - these shovels double as a bottle opener so there’s one thing less to pack from the house
Here are some other great ideas for little gifts to show Dad how much we appreciate him!
- Create a customized cutting board, he will love this all year round, especially when entertaining! Check out @cuttingboardguy on Instagram for this!
- Get Dad some new flip flops for the summer if his are worn out from last season, some brands we love are Quicksilver and Rainbows.
- Check out Johnny O! They have some great T Shirts, Button Downs, Collared Shirts, Pants, Shorts, as well as other accessories that Dad would love to sport this summer. Find some of their merchandise here or even at local stores in your town! https://www.johnnie-o.com/pages/fathers-day-gift-guide-1?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1ID189Tf4gIVRUSGCh2nCwqAEAAYASAAEgLd4fD_BwE
- Noticing Dad cycling through the same few bathing suits? Explore Tom and Teddy for some fun father son matching trunks for the beach and pool this summer!
Let’s hope there’s great weather for Dad’s BBQ on Sunday!
We found a few delicious dinner ideas to shorten prep time, that are easy on the grill so that Dad can spend more of his time spending time with those he loves on his day!
- Add a little twist to your regular BBQ ribs and make some Chinese Spare Ribs for a touch of different flavor: This delicious recipe is from: Allrecipes.com
- 3 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
- 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Sake
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon of grated fresh garlic
- ¼ teaspoon of Chinese Five- Spice Powder
- 1 Pound of pork spareribs
- In a shallow glass dish, mix together the hoisin sauce, ketchup, honey, soy sauce, sake, rice vinegar, lemon juice, ginger, garlic and five-spice powder. Place the ribs in the dish, and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, or as long as overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Fill a broiler tray with enough water to cover the bottom. Place the grate or rack over the tray. Arrange the ribs on the grate.
- Place the broiler rack in the center of the oven. Cook for 40 minutes, turning and brushing with the marinade every 10 minutes. Let the marinade cook on for the final 10 minutes to make a glaze. Finish under the broiler if desired. Discard any remaining marinade.
An easy and popular salad that can be put together in less than 5 minutes is the classic Iceberg Wedge - Just grab a couple heads of lettuce from the market, cut them into whatever size of wedges, cook some bacon, chop up some cherry tomatoes, and sprinkle some blue cheese crumbles and there is some color for the table!
And of course a classic Lobster Bake is always appropriate for a fun father's day celebration. GO AHEAD TREAT YOURSELF DAD!
A fun dessert you can put in your smaller Beachmate buckets are called “Mud” or “Sand” Dessert:
- Pack of Vanilla Oreos
- Box of Graham Crackers
- Vanilla Instant pudding
- 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- Teddy Grahams and Mini Umbrellas is for Decoration on top!
- Steps to Make:
- Place cookies and graham crackers in blender and blend into crumbs. (Alternate: you can use the old-fashioned ziplock bag and rolling pin, but the blender is much faster!)
- Mix both boxes of vanilla instant pudding according to package directions. Blend in cream cheese then fold in Cool Whip (Alternate: you can make your own whipped cream too).
- Layer a small amount of cookie crumbs and a few spoonfuls of pudding (beginning and ending with cookie crumbs). Hint: I gently tapped each cups down on the counter after each layer to flatten.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- "Decorate" your sand pudding with mini umbrellas, teddy grahams, and a gumdrop beach ball before serving
- Ingredients :
- 2 Cups of Milk (cold)
- 1 (3.9 - Ounce) package instant chocolate pudding
- 8 Ounces whipped topping (such as Cool Whip)
- 1 ½ Cups of Oreos crushed
- A hand full of Gummy Worms for Toppings!
- Steps to Make:
- Whisk together milk and instant pudding for 2 Minutes, until pudding is completely dissolved, let stand for 5 minutes to thicken
- Stir in frozen whipped topping and ½ cup of crushed cookies
- Pour into your little Beachmate buckets
- Sprinkle remaining crushed Oreos over the pudding mixture and top with gummy worms to give it that real muddy look!
Lastly, some fun games to play with Dad on Sunday, whether at the beach or the backyard include: (any of these can be found at Local Toy/Sport stores!)
- Beachmate Corn Hole is our super fun game for everyone to participate in at the beach! It is very lightweight, easy to carry, and is the perfect game for a day on the beach. Find it here!: https://mybeachmate.com/collections/beach-games/products/cornhole-set
- Tenzi’s - A super fun dice game to play with the little ones, it has a good mix of friendly competition as well as exercises your brain to focus on numbers and counting!